Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Catalog Homework Sheet
Patrick Wilson Library—OPAC Practice Sheet
For the following questions, use the Library Catalog, especially the Destiny Quest feature (Q's 2-7) and the Resource Lists feature (Q's 14-18)
- What is the 9th most popular book in the library?
- List the five newest arrivals to the library?
- If you liked The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas (not the graphic novel), list 3 other books that Destiny recommends you might also like.
- What is the call number for The Three Musketeers? _____________________
- What is the name of the book to the right of The Three Musketeers on the Visual Shelf Browse?
- What is the call number of The Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates? ________
- How many reviews does The Other Wes Moore have?
- Look up “social networking” using the keyword search. How many results?
- Look up “social networking” using the subject search. How many results?
- Why are there more results when you use keyword search than when you use subject search?
- List all of the different call numbers you find for the subject “social networking.”
- Does the library have any books about Facebook? If so, how many?
- List the books the library has about Twitter.
- How many books does the library own by MBA Faculty and Alumni Authors?________________
- The library has several Chinese language books. What is the English title of a Chinese language book that is also a fiction book?
- How many e-books does the library have listed in its catalog?
- What is the 4th books in the Pendragon series?
- Name one book you might like if you're looking to go "beyond Between Shades of Gray" and read something like it?
- Where on an e-book's catalog page can you click to link to the e-copy of the book?
- Login to Destiny and put the print copy of The Boy in the Striped Pajamas on hold.