Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Chapter 16: 1450-1750 Websites
Library Database: World History Ancient and Medieval Eras
Library Database: Ancient and Medieval History Online
Library Database: Salem Press
Check the categories Great Events from History and Great Lives from History!
TRY THIS SOURCE! Free trial to Oxford Islamic Studies Online
- The Oxford Handbook of Islam and Politics (2013) provides a comprehensive analysis of what we know and where we are in the study of political Islam. It enables scholars, students, and policymakers to understand the interaction of Islam and politics and the multiple and diverse roles of Islamic movements, as well as issues of authoritarianism and democratization, religious extremism and terrorism regionally and globally.
- The Grove Encyclopedia of Islamic Art & Architecture (March 2009), a three-volume reference work offering the most comprehensive coverage of Islamic art throughout the world, beginning with the inception of Islam and continuing to the present day
- The Oxford Encyclopedia of the Islamic World (March 2009), a six-volume work covering the full geographical and historical extent of Islam. Starting in 2011, the OEIW has expanded to include updated spinoff editions, including The Oxford Encyclopedia of Islam and Women (2013), The Oxford Encyclopedia of Islam and Politics (2014), and The Oxford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, Science, and Technology in Islam (2014).
- The Oxford Encyclopedia of the Modern Islamic World, available in full on the site with access to archived articles that have been updated in the new Oxford Encyclopedia of the Islamic World
- The Islamic World: Past and Present, an accessible A–Z reference covering key people, events and concepts in Islamic history
- The Oxford Dictionary of Islam, in addition to being an integral part of the cross-searchable site content, all 2,500 entries in this authoritative quick reference are free to the public. Anyone can access or cite Dictionary content by using the on-site browse or major Web search engines
- The Oxford History of Islam, a chaptered work containing authoritative essays by leading Muslim and non-Muslim scholars on the origins of the faith, arts, sciences, and history to the present-day situation of Islam.
World Eras: Rise and Spread of Islam 622-1500
Examines major civilizations that have flourished from antiquity to modern times, with a global perspective and a strong emphasis on daily life and social history. This volume provides in-depth coverage of the rise and spread of Islam, 622-1500.
Off Campus Access to Databases and Ebooks