Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Tips for Searching
Google Advanced Search
For a person:
- Put a name in quotation marks to filter the results.
- Or combine an artist's name on the first line, then put the name of the artwork on the second line in quotation marks.
- Remember you can filter by license.
Google Advanced Image Search
For an image of art:
- In the "all these words" box, type in the name of the artist.
- In the "exact word or phrase" box, type in the name of the work.
- You can narrow by .edu, .gov, etc. in the "site or domain" box.
- In the "Usage rights" section, use the drop-down to choose what kind of license you want the content to have.
- Once you find your image, notice these filters: size, type, etc.