Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Books in the Reference Section
Skim several reference book articles about Robert Penn Warren and the novel.
- Great American Writers-20th Century call number: R/810.9/GRE
- Encyclopedia of Southern Literature call number: R/810.9975/SNO
- Magill's Survey of American Literature call number: R/810.9/MAG
- Modern American Literature call number: R/
- Novels for Students call number: R/809.3/NOV ALSO IN EBOOK FORMAT
- The Oxford Encyclopedia of American Literature call number: R/810.9/OXF
- Contemporary Literary Criticism call number: R/809.93/CON
- Literature and Its Times call number: R/809.93/LIT
- American Writers call number: R/810.9/AME ALSO IN EBOOK FORMAT
- Identities and Issues in Literature call number: R/810.9/IDE
- Student's Encyclopedia of American Literary Characters call number: R/810.9/STU
- American Literature call number: R/810.9/AME
Library Books in the Stacks in the Nonfiction Section
Books of Literary Criticism
Books of criticism on Robert Penn Warren and the novel have been pulled and put in a special place in the reference section. You may scan pages (free!) and send to your email, or copy them for 10 cents per sheet. These books will be on reserve and may be checked out overnight.
If MBA's library does not have enough book material about your author's works, locate books in the Vanderbilt Library. (See link below.) Give yourself extra time for this. It will take a parent volunteer a few days to get a Vanderbilt library book back to you at MBA.
Off Campus Access Information
Use the link below if you are off-campus and asked to provide a username and/or password. You will be prompted to first log in to the MBA website.
In addition to the ebook above, there are others. To find them:
1. Click on the link to Destiny: http://mba.follettdestiny.com
2. Choose Catalog.
3. Click on Resource Lists on the left.
4. Choose the Public Lists tab on the top right.
5. Scroll down to the list "Robert Penn Warren Ebooks" and click view. Click on each title and use the blue hyperlink for access.
6. YOU WILL NEED USERNAMES AND PASSWORDS IF YOU ARE OFF CAMPUS.