Books of Literary Criticism
Books of literary criticism and books of poems by the authors that are not located in the reference section have been pulled and placed on reserve in the library. These books may be checked out. See the librarians for assistance.
These books do not circulate. However you may make photocopies (10 cents per sheet) or scan to an email address (free!).
Here are a few reference sets you might want to check (look up call numbers in Destiny):
Poetry for Students
The Great Modern Poets
Encyclopedia of American Poetry
Oxford Encyclopedia of American Literature
Popular Contemporary Writers
Poets: American and British
The list above is not exhaustive....see the librarians if you need help finding the "poetry section" in reference.
Note: Billy Collins is not found in Norton....but he is in several of the ebooks and other sources....keep looking!
There are many ebooks in the library's collection on American authors. To access a list of ebooks which might be useful in your research, do the following:
1. Link to Destiny, MBA's library catalog. (SEE LINK BELOW)
2. Click on MBA Library Catalog, then choose the Catalog tab.
3. Choose Resource Lists on the left, the Public Lists subtab, and click on View next to the list called "American Authors."
4. If you find a title you'd like to search, click on the Details button, then scroll down and click on the blue link. Once you are there, you can search the table of contents or the index. If you find information you want to use on a notecard, you can cut and paste, then paraphrase or quote as needed.
5. If you are off campus you will need usernames and passwords. Look on this LibGuide for the link to that information.
DON'T LEAVE THIS GUIDE WITHOUT CHECKING HERE. The entire Dictionary of Literary Biiography is in ebook form, accessible 24/7 and for simultaneous users. And there are other ebooks in this link as well.
NOTE: You will need a username/password to access these off-campus. See this libguide for the link to off campus access.
Here is how to search:
1. Click on the link below, choose Literature on the left.
2. Use the search box and input your author last name first.
3. Begin searching through each ebook....use the table of contents or index if needed.