Book/CD Covers: Amazon
Team Reports on Southern Author
I. Both students should research their author using the following sources:
A. The reference section of our library (ask the librarians where these books are)
1. The Dictionary of Literary Biography
2. American Writers
3. The Oxford Encyclopedia of American Literature
B. Our internet databases that are on the library webpage or you can use these links:
C. If you use a search engine, choose websites that appear to be scholarly in nature. First try to use
one of the above sources, but for images of your author and his/her books, you can use any website.
II. Together you will build an outline of your writer’s life. You will turn in this outline the DAY BEFORE your report.
III. Together you will create a PowerPoint or Prezi that artfully delivers the outline with images, videos, etcetera.
IV. Rehearse and then deliver your report in 10-15 minutes—no shorter or longer. Both students will deliver the report. One will stand at the podium and deliver his part(s) while the other sits nearby on the amazing, incredible class stool. You will switch off, carefully timing your moves.
1. Knowledge: proves you have prepared thoroughly and have taught the class key and relevant details about the writer’s life and work (60)
2. Attractive: colorful backgrounds, legible text, effective sound, or other techniques (10)
3. Creativity and style: something special about the presentation—hard work, artistic ability, verbal flair, insight, depth of analysis, thoroughness (10)
4. Delivery: do not read the screen. Print your own slides so you have them at the podium. Your delivery will be evaluated on the following: eye contact with the class; good posture (no hands in pockets); good volume; vivacity. (20)