GRAND PRIZE WINNER: $250 VISA GIFT CARD
3 FINALISTS: $100 GIFT CARD TO AMAZON
10 SEMI-FINALISTS: $50 GIFT CARD EACH TO AMAZON
WINNING FACULTY SPONSOR: $100 GIFT CARD FROM AMAZON
February 4, 6, and 11 Work on speeches in small groups (sponsors’ classrooms)
February 11 Speech outline submitted to speech advisor
February 13, 20, 25 Speeches given in small groups – 10 semi-finalists chosen from these groups
February 28 3 finalists chosen in semi-finals ( – Pfeffer Auditorium)
REQUIRED FOR ALL - ATTENDANCE TAKEN
March 2 3 finalists compete for final prize in Monday assembly
Topics: A. RESOURCEFULNESS -
- in facing challenges, why is resourcefulness more effective than other virtues?
- if you were to teach a class on resourcefulness, how would you train a group to acquire more of it?
- what is a historical person or moment that demonstrates resourcefulness, and what can we learn from it/them?
- what is an example of resourcefulness you have seen or experienced at MBA that was meaningful to you?
- is inclusivity better measured by meaningful access or meaningful experience, or both?
- how and why does inclusivity make an organization, environment, institution, or group better?
- how does an institution like MBA promote inclusivity, and how could it pursue it even more?
- what do you expect the biggest challenge schools or society will face in the coming decade on the topic of inclusivity?
D. BEST OF THE 2010s
- what is an event, trend, or person that defines the 2010s?
- what is an event, trend, or person that makes the 2010s compare favorably to other decades?
- what are events, trends, or people that demonstrate how the 2010s achieved local, national, or global progress?
- what will historians remember in the chapter on the 2010s in U.S. History or World History, and why?
Notes: A. 3 ½ – 5 minutes in length
B. Typed outline for teacher due by February 11
C. Note card to help with speech (if necessary)
D. 5 demerits will be assessed if outline is not complete or
speech does not meet minimum requirements. Speech must
be made to exit freshman year.
E. Missing any meeting without prior excuse will result in